Foto © Herta Hurnaus
 

anna wickenhauser / henny liebhart-ulm



von eins zu zwei



The Maria Siebenbrünn Baroque Chapel in Türnitz, Austria, is located on the Via Sacra, the oldest pilgrim route in Austria. Since it was completed in 1729, pilgrims have been stopping over here to drink the water from the seven springs that lend this place its name. Because the water was believed to have healing power, in addition to the chapel, the historic ensemble of buildings also included the living quarters and service rooms of a hermitage as well as a springhouse on the other side of the road. The latter consisted of a shell-shaped basin made of marble and probably a sculpture of Mary, which has since gone missing. In 2012, a competition for redesigning the springhouse was issued by the Cistercian monastery in Lilienfeld.

>

plan
haben sie sich schon in unsere mailingliste eingetragen?




Für laufende Informationen machen Sie
Ihren Eintrag in die Mailinglist.
Klicken Sie dann für Eintragungen „eintragen“
für Austragungen „austragen“.

www.noe.gv.at/datenschutz